As we wrap up our blog series on tech spring cleaning, we would like to share several additional important tips for data protection, security, and upkeep. The way we maintain our devices continues to evolve as they become more prevalent in our daily lives. Just like our homes and other areas of our lives we have to remain diligent in keeping digital clutter and unwanted junk at bay.
Maintain your data imprint
From time to time, our devices will operate slower than they normally do and this is a tell-tale sign that there are areas which need some maintenance. We’ll start with the first and most obvious steps to take when paring down on clutter.
- Delete old messages and photos
- Free up space by removing unnecessary texts, call history, and voicemails
- Erase any old, duplicate, or unused contact information
- Disable pre-loaded apps on your device that you never use
Cutting back on unneccesary and unwanted data helps you in freeing up space on your device. You’ll also likely see improved and faster performance once you clear your device of clutter.
Organize your digital life
These steps seem simple and straightforward yet the challenge can come in finding time or remembering to perform these actions. Set yourself up for success when it comes to maintaining your device and organizing your digital info.
- Set up regular reminders to perform storage updates and execute them when necessary
- Create filters and categories for your inbox to automatically sort your email messages
- Unsubscribe from email lists you no longer want or need to be a part of
- Use Google Photos to store your photos and videos. This keeps device space free and allows you to easily search your memories by keywords, geography, and more.
Keeping things automated or off of your actual device can be a life saver when it comes to managing data and maintaining the performance of your device. These steps will make it easier for you stay organized and not reach the storage limit on your devices.
Establish a partnership to encourage digital growth
Working with an MSP to implement regular data updates on business machines saves you or your company time and energy to devote to other high-level tasks. Taking the responsibility of routine data maintenance and organization off your team’s to-do list and into the hands of a qualified managed services provider relieves stress on your business resources.
AJTC’s team of experts will help guide your company through the process of developing a data maintenance and organization strategy that will lead to greater data security. Reach out to AJTC today at 708.942.8200 or contact the AJTC team here.